Sunday, September 03, 2006



As one of the elder statesmen of the Biking Heaven cycling team it has fallen on my veteran shoulders to start the riders blogs.

Unlike the rest of the team my racing season hasn't started yet! In 4 weeks time my first race of this cyclocross year is the the 3 Peaks race which takes place in Yorkshire every year. This is the 45th running of the race and the second time that I have competed. My training has composed of some hill running and as much cyclocross cycling as I can manage with work and home comitments. Also poor Polly, my Labrador, has been dragged up more hills than she would have liked.

I have also started some speed work and do at least one interval session a week and one session on skills where I give the people in the local park a laugh as I leap on and off the bike and cycle in and out of cones like a loon. I have started to teach the local schoolkids cyclocross skills again and have built a few ramps and some low Northshore type things.

Remember, practice your skills, warm up and cool down but most of all enjoy yourself!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home